TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing the Student Application you (the Student) are confirming that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of Sunshine Coast International College outlined below.
• The application fee charged by Sunshine Coast International College is non-refundable.
• The application fee and course fees must be paid 28 days before the agreed start date of the course. All course fees are calculated at a weekly rate regardless of Public Holidays or temporary class closures due to external circumstances such as weather events.
• A student may be excluded and reported to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection if at any time the course fees become overdue.
• The student is responsible for arriving and starting the course on time. If a student arrives late for the start of a course no refund is issued for any missed time.
• Sunshine Coast International College (the College) requires every student to undertake an English Level Test when commencing a course. Students will then be placed within the most appropriate class for their level of ability.
• Sunshine Coast International College classes will not exceed 18 students per class.
• Sunshine Coast International College College has a duty by law to check and ensure all visa information is accurate and must report any changes to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Students must notify the college of any changes, including change of address, within 5 days.
• Students must maintain an average overall attendance of 80% to ensure compliance with their visa. Any student not compliant with this condition must be reported to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
• The English Only Zones policy must be adhered to at all times. This policy is outlined in the Student Handbook.
• Students are expected to complete and submit all class work, assignments, activities and assessments in order to maintain satisfactory progress as determined by individual course outlines.
• Sunshine Coast International Collegee approved individuals may occasionally visit and observe or record classrooms and classes for the purposes of quality control, training, publicity or teaching. Prior verbal permission from the teacher or students in the class will be sort when possible.
• A transfer to another provider will not be possible during the term of enrolment unless a written letter of release is issued by Sunshine Coast International College. The assessment of a transfer request will be in accordance with the ESOS Act 2000 and National Code Standard 7.
• Sunshine Coast International College may allow a student to defer or postpone a course start date due to the following circumstances: delay in receiving a student visa, for compassionate or compelling circumstances such as immediate family illness or death, pregnancy, or if a student is the victim of a serious crime.
• Approval for a deferment or postponement of an enrolment is at the sole discretion of Sunshine Coast International College. A student must provide documentary evidence outlining in detail the circumstance. In such circumstances Sunshine Coast International College cannot guarantee direct entry into any specialised course and will work with the student to meet their needs and requirements adequately.
• A student may be expelled if they do not adhere to the Student Code of Conduct outlined within the Student Handbook. No refund of any fees will be granted to any student expelled from Sunshine Coast International College.
• Cancellations and withdrawals from a course are subject to Sunshine Coast International College refund policy.
• If a student chooses to withdraw from a course this withdrawal must be in writing and must be for the entirety of the course not a selected part e.g. the last 2 weeks of a course. Any withdrawal request will be discussed with the student and a Sunshine Coast International College counsellor within 2 days (48hrs) of the submitted request.